Saturday, September 25, 2010

We Made It


Let me say at the outset that I am typing on a french keyboard so this will be short and sweet!  This keyboard does not like me, and all the letters are in different places.

We arrived fine....well, two things did happen on the outset. The name on my ticket and the name on my passport did not match. I mainly got stares and tisk tisk from officials, but I made it through. In New York, Scott realized he left ALL his cash at home, and I only had 60 dollars on me.  Thank goodness the ATM at the Paris airport worked.

We bought roasted chicken and potatoes at an outdoor market yesterday for dinner... yum.

Today we walked 7 hours. We ate, had café and generally enjoyed the day through off and on sprinkles.  Found an awesome leopard purse but we were on St. Germain, so I knew it was too much.

Oh... spent the morning at a flea market.  May go back tomorrow. It was a bit overwhelming, but I did buy an old rusty key for 1€.  This was not the Ham Fair, which we will visit next week.

This computer keeps beeping me and I am exhausted, so I will say goodnight for now.

We are having more fun than this sounds... LOL.
*Teri*

11 comments:

Patricia said...

I'm settling in to enjoy whatever posts you can throw our way in between your walks and meals and other fabulous Paris pastimes. Enjoy!

highheeledlife said...

Mon Ami .. it sounds wonderful ... your amazing positive attitude, will see you through any little hick ups... Ah the Paris Flea Market, nothing compares to them .. enjoy... XO HHL

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Welcome home -- to Paris! :)

Love ya,
Ruth

*The Beautiful Life* said...

P.S. -- what is the weather like?? Has Fall arrived in Paris?? (As you know, it has gotten lost on its way to us here in Florida!).

Erin said...

I'm so happy you arrived safely! Those French keyboards are a pain!!! BUT a small price to pay for being IN PARIS!!!! Keep posting when you can :-)

myletterstoemily said...

you made me laugh. "we're having more
fun than this sounds." your computer
sounds jet lagged!

PLEASE have one macaron for me.

Diane said...

I second Ruth's comment: Welcome Home -- to Paris!

Here's to Celebrating Life!
Diane

Mya said...

Glad you both have arrived and are ready to see Paris, the places you have seen before and places you are yet to go (mmmm, that sounds like Dr. Seuss).

Cathi said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time!! It's the mishaps that always make for fun memories too! Enjoy Paris!! xxoo :)

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Oh, How I chuckled when you talked about typing on the French keyboard! I've been there and it's amazing how it slows you down! Glad you arrived safely!

Amusez-vous!
Debi

char said...

Your "Oh, so, up to date," mother just found that you had posted. I must have checked just before. You're doing the right thing.... just having fun!
Mom

Blog Widget by LinkWithin