Monday, September 6, 2010

Very Interesting...


Funny how God orchestrates life sometimes... 
don'tcha think?

Last week I wrote a post all about knowing what is small stuff and what is not, and trying to understand the difference.  Two days after I wrote that post, Scott had another recheck on his cancer situation.  Suffice it to say, we did not get the news we hoped for.  Further tests on Wed.  It may be NOTHING, but then again... 
will let you know...

So NOW, the small stuff in my life has really shrunk into the background.  Funny how that happens.  The first day of the news was horrible and scary, the next day was better, and by the third day I was feeling a peace that surpasses all understanding.  I know my peace comes from prayers of friends and family.  I also think a large chunk of it comes from my Pollyanna attitude... rose colored glasses and all that.  My absolute favorite line from Gone With the Wind has always been, 
"I'll think about that tomorrow."

 I googled all the possible scenarios... I know you aren't supposed to do that... but I did (Scott has put me in charge of research).  I find it very helpful to have a background working knowledge of all the terms, so when the doctor speaks, I am not totally in the dark.  I have found during these visits, the room tends to resemble a black hole.  It kinda shrinks, and all I see is the Dr. and her lips moving.  If her words are somewhat familiar, 
it helps me concentrate.

In all this... I am saying I... because this is from my perspective. I cannot speak for Scott and wouldn't even try.  

I also mentioned a few posts ago, that we had decided to not pressure ourselves on getting the "perfect" gift for birthdays and Christmas... if we see something really cool, we can just get it for one another (within reason...lol).  

Scott took a vacation day on Friday, and we drove across town to the local, rather "fancy" mall.  We had a nice lunch, and I told Scott there was something I wanted to buy him, just for fun.  I felt he needed a distraction.  So off to the Apple store we went, and voila... I got him an iPad!  



The kids and I are Mac users.  Scott uses a PC because that's what his company uses.  He's always been a bit suspicious of us Mac users, but once he got the iPad home, he's all in.  He LOVES it.  He has not put it down in 3 days.  Yesterday, we downloaded some Preschool Apps for our granddaughter, and she LOVES it.  Our 15 yr. old LOVES it, I LOVE it... are you getting the picture?

Last night we had a family get together, and my mom asked if I had seen the Tale of Two Cities most recent post.  It mentions the iPad too.  Really cute post... see here.

There's only one thing...  I bought the iPad for Scott to distract his mind a bit from thinking about his upcoming tests and all that.  However, I didn't realize it would distract him from ME.  I need to make a "Teri App" so he can download me and talk to me on the screen.  

But as always around here... it's all good!

~Teri

14 comments:

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Oh so much I'd love to say in response--wish we could just chat on the phone! First, my prayers are with you both as you face some uncertain news ahead. May it be the best scenario as possible with many options for a speedy recovery. Remember God is the Father of compassion and God of all comfort, and He holds you even closer when you're anxious.

As for that iPad--Mike loves his too, and he has always been a PC guy--I'm winning him over though.

Preschool apps? We should share. So far, we've only downloaded Toy Story, but I need to be on the lookout for more, so if you have any fun ones, please share.

Headed to Florida tomorrow--going to Disney with my son, daughter-in-law and sweet Jordan. Off to London after that, so let's stay in touch. Is Paris still on the calendar? I'll be there Sept. 17-20.

Hugs,
Debi

TeriGigi/Girl Meets Paris said...

Paris is still on the agenda. No matter the tests results, I think Paris does Scott a world of good, but of course we'll face that decision later.

I live one hour from Disney's gates. I would love to see you, but I understand you are with your family. If you are there more than a few days, and find you have a free hour or so, maybe we could have a cup of coffee or something. I would come to you. We do Disney all the time so I understand how all consuming it is, especially with your sweet granddaughter!!!! Email me if you find a window of opportunity, otherwise, have a magical time!

I went to free preschool apps. Leila's 2 favorites are
AlphabetTracing and ABCPhonics. I will do more exploring. Would be great on the plane!

highheeledlife said...

Teri, great to see you are keeping in good spirits .. sometimes laughter and not worrying about the unknown are some great meds... Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers... HHL

annette said...

Teri, I wished we'd hung out more in high school. It's such a gift to know what's going on in your life now. I am praying for you and Scott's appointment on Wednesday. Stay strong in Him. Hugs, Annette

Cathi said...

Definitely keeping you and your family in my prayers! What a wonderful gift in the IPAD that you gave to Scott. My other half has one too that he loves!! xxoo :)

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Teri,

Please know you and Scott is in my prayers, you too my friend. Prayer is THE best medicine of all! As you say he gives you peace that passes all understanding.
Tell Scott to enjoy the iPad, and he should load the Teri App. Paris would be wonderful for both of you. The most important thing is you are together, and to enjoy each second of it! That is what French Honey and I try to do, and it makes a grande difference! Let me know if you need any info!
Take care,
Mimi

Jenny said...

Sending up prayers for Scott's health and peace. Prayers for you both to keep your eyes fixed on Jesus. Thank you for all you share and the iPad was the best choice, sweet thoughtful, helpful and hopefully very handy for your trip. Savor, Savour, Savor that sweet Paris time. When we went on our trip last year (London and Dublin) two days before we left, the Dr. found a spot on David's arm and biopsied it and just before we left and let us know that he needed it removed ASAP (he has had melanomas found before, but thankfully all cleared out) but we had our 7 day trip planned and paid for....The Dr. said it should be fine and the day after we got back David had the spot removed. Thankfully it came back benign but while on the trip he said that the Lord gave him peace and he truly enjoyed our everyday going and doing instead of the possible toiling and worrying at home. Here's to dreaming, praying, hoping, loving, and casting all our cares on Him because He cares for us and Phil 4:6,7. Much love to you both.

myletterstoemily said...

i love that your post that began with
devastating news wound up with the
most charming story about a "teri"
app.

we are not thrown off that easily. scott
will follow sweet emily's children and
right before mine in my prayers each
evening.

don't forget that mustard seed!

myletterstoemily said...

hey teri!

thank you for the sweet story about
your daughter. it seems you and i
tend to send children across the
world.

if your LA son becomes a star before
my LA daughter, i will be seriously
jealous!!! :)

*The Beautiful Life* said...

First of all Teri, I don't know HOW I am not getting notified anymore of your blog posts, but I don't like it!!! I need to investigate and see what's going on...

Teri App -- LOVE IT!

I am going to go back and catch up on all I've missed... Ugh..

I am waiting like crazy here to learn of the events of your day today (Wednesday)...

Love you!
Ruth

*The Beautiful Life* said...

First of all Teri, I don't know HOW I am not getting notified anymore of your blog posts, but I don't like it!!! I need to investigate and see what's going on...

Teri App -- LOVE IT!

I am going to go back and catch up on all I've missed... Ugh..

I am waiting like crazy here to learn of the events of your day today (Wednesday)...

Love you!
Ruth

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Dear Teri
As you mentioned research in your blog post,may I be bold enough to recommend an incredible book called 'Your Life in Your Hands' by Professor Jane Plant. It really is the book the pharmaceautical companies don't want you to know about. It's written for those who have suffered breast or prostate cancer. Just read the Amazon reviews and you will get a feel for those that have gone into remission following her recommendations. Lets not forget the cancer industry is a HUGE money-churning industry. The author cured herself after the doctors told her there was nothing they could do for her. And I gave this book to 2 girlfriends who the doctors said the same too, and they have both been in remission 5+ years.I hope this helps. I know I am new to your blog, and I hope you don't see my recommendation as intrusive, but simply as someone who wants to help.My heart goes out to you and your family.

TeriGigi/Girl Meets Paris said...

Thank you Vanessa. I appreciate your thoughts.

I am grappling with that very thing... cancer is a huge money maker on one hand for many. That crossed my mind while we sat in a huge 4 building complex dedicated to cancer ONLY.

We will be looking at ALL options, believe me.

Any information just makes one more knowledgeable to make an informed decision.

Thanks for being bold and just putting it out there :)

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Dear Teri
PLEASE read this book for you and your husband. It will make you feel so empowered because with really small changes like eliminating dairy products, it can have a huge impact.
Lets face it, with the amount of money that has been ploughed into the cancer industry over the 25 years, and the fact that it is still an epidemic, says something. If this was any other business all the shareholders would have been sacked. I worked for the Medical Research Council (London) and you would be surprised where a lot of the money for cancer research actually goes; hence my rant;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin