Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Mom!

I know many of you have wonderful moms.  
But how many of you have a wonderful, FUN, crazy, willing to try almost anything once moms?

I do!

My mom is __0 years old today!  She is the kind of mom I strive to be.  Always supportive, ready to help, very giving to everyone, and always ready to have fun.  Whenever we would go visit our extended family in Louisiana, it was like a celebrity was coming to town.  Everyone wanted to see Charline!!!!! 
 The rest of us were just an entourage to her popularity... 
I'm really not kidding!

Same is true in our town.  Everyone at church knows her, and that's not easy considering our church is REALLY big.  She helps with the Military support group and events, decorates for the Pastor dinners, is an Encourager, helps put on women's events, and that's just what she's been up to lately.  Let me tell you, her talent knows no bounds.   

Oh... Did I mention she is a world traveler? She and my dad have been on many mission trips... Africa, Taiwan, Peru, etc. (mom, please leave a comment with the number of countries you've visited).  She is also an absolute beauty, AND a party planner extraordinaire!  Oh... did I mention she's an artist, and she's writing a BOOK?  
It's all true!

So Happy Birthday Mom!

Here's a few fun photos.  My mom's only flaw is she's photo-aphobic, so there were not a ton of pics I could choose from.  Plus, I'm only using photos that are on my computer.  I wish I had more!

And I know Charline would want me to put this disclaimer... 
"Remember friends, photos online add at least 20 lbs."

So indulge me while I take us all on a walk down memory lane.  These fun times do not even scratch the surface of all the good times she's had in her life... so far!
 

Fair Park High School drill-team practice.


Marching in Shreveport, LA.


A party she threw for my daughter's wedding.


More of that party...


A girl's trip to New Orleans.  I'm sure it was her idea that we wear boas out to brunch at the Court of Two Sister's restaurant!


We got Business Class on the way to Japan.  Who were we to turn down FREE champagne???

A charity event... notice the background... SHE decorated it, and lots more!


A few birthdays ago... QUEEN!



So mom, if you ever wondered... I LOVE YOU and I THINK YOU'RE WONDERFUL!

~Charline's Daughter!!!

11 comments:

char said...

Teri,
Thank you for the "over the top" kind comments. The number of countries I've visited that I can remember is 23, but many of them multiple times. I am "old" so I've had time. The number of tacos I've eaten, countless. I will now get over the photophobia and on my 80th birthday I will have some "glamour shots" for you. I may do that today and you can redo this next year. It has been easy with two perfect kids to go and do and have fun with. Life is so fun and your blog has opened more windows and I feel like your blog friends are just amazing new friends to me. I find I get up to check on them each day. What a crazy life! And, I have the worlds greatest husband and children and grandchildren and great grandchildren. God is good!
Mom

Mya said...

Teri, please tell your mother, "Happy Birthday." I am glad she has such a full life. I can imagine how much fun it is for you to hear her life stories.

It is a wonderful blessing to be both a daughter and a friend to one you love and admire so much.

My mom is 96 and when I look at her life I am amazed at the things she has done, and I have yet to learn. I will never begin to fill her shoes.

Pam Kohler said...

Charline,

Mark and I are so blessed that you wandered into our art booth that Saturday morning 16 years ago! You've added so much laughter, fun and good memories to this journey we're on and we both wish you a wonderful birthday! I'm sure you will have everyone you come in contact with today joining in on the celebration. Happy Birthday and we love you!

highheeledlife said...

What a wonderful Birthday shout to your Mom.. you are very blessed to have such a well rounded and fun mom.. HHL

Diane said...

Charline,
When Teri and I first became friends I knew I wanted to meet you. I mean, behind a "fabulous" woman is the even more "FABULOUS" mother who raised her, right?

I don't know if you know this or not, but the moment I met you, I felt an instant connection -- like "family". I've so enjoyed getting to spend time with you over the years and seeing first-hand the marvelous blessing you are to so many!

When I think of you, Charline,these things come to mind:
You are laughter and smiles; a creative spirit; a woman who lives life with great energy and passion; a cheerful giver; a server; a counselor; a decorator; a writer; a JOY and BLESSING!

Sending Happy Birthday Hugs to you! May it be a blessed day, indeed.
Diane

Deanne said...

Charline,

You are bigger than life; PERSONALITY-wise, and are a HUGE blessing to me! It seems that you have always been there to be the perfect example of someone who is always smiling, happy, funny, crazy, creative, full of gusto and ready to grab life by the tail. I am so thankful for all the years you made mom's life so wonderful and meaningful. You have made so many years in the life of my family so much more vibrant than they would have been without you. Happy Birthday! I pray that you receive back all the love and fun you have given out over the years!

Love,
Deanne

Meagan said...

She's also a fantastic cook. I can only hope to be half the chef that she is someday. Happy birthday Grandmommy!!

TeriGigi/Girl Meets Paris said...

How could I ever forget to mention the cooking???

:)

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Charline!!! Teri, what a sweet tribute in words and pictures for your mom and I have to say the fabulous apple has not fallen far from the fabulous tree. Char, God bless you in all you do.

myletterstoemily said...

happy birthday to a precious mom! she
also has a pretty wonderful daughter.

thanks for sharing the photos. they really
told her story.

love,
lea

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CHARLINE.
WHAT AN AMAZING WOMAN YOU ARE. TO VISIT 23 COUNTRIES AND STILL BE SUCH AN AMAZING MOTHER. YOU ARE TRULY BLESSED.
I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE BUT IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL FOR YOU TO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE TO LEAVE COPIES FOR YOUR CHILDREN, GRAND AND GREAT GRANDCHILDREN. I WOULD HAVE LOVED IT IF MY GRANDMA HAD LEFT SUCH A BOOK BUT LIFE IS BUSY AND MEANT TO LIVE TO THE FULLEST.
TERI,
THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR MOTHER WITH US. WHAT A BLESSING.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Blog Widget by LinkWithin