Monday, October 19, 2009

Paris Purses #1



Huge Hurry...

This will be a quick blog, because my to-do list is long and tedious.

Last week shoes, this week purses...

I told you I struck out at the Flea Market outside of Paris... I just wasn't prepared to pay the prices, or the transportation costs to get stuff home. Plus, it rained, and the vendors were really slow opening their booths. BUT... I did go vintage shopping. I looked some places up online, and Bonjour Madame clued me in to quite a few in the Palais Royal.... but again, over the budget. I never realized a vintage Chanel bag would cost more than a new one!

Here's my favorite shop. Sorry I don't remember the name of it, but you can't miss it when you are in Paris. Just roam around the perimeter of the Palais Royal until you find it. Rachel Zoe showed the shop next door to this one on her Paris episode. I was excited when I saw it, and I feel certain she shopped here as well.


I fell in love with the orange Birkin Bag... at least that's what I think it was. I did not pull it off the shelf to look (it was in the front window). For some reason, I couldn't get that purse off my mind...

A few days later, Scott and I somehow ended up getting off the metro in the basement of a huge department store. In trying to find our way out, we came across an area devoted to Longchamp bags. They were much more reasonable, and when I saw this orange one, I had to have it!



What do you think? Did I do okay?? The funny thing is, I like to fade into the background. Once I saw this picture I realized I look like "Purse with Girl" instead of "Girl with Purse." This purse is not as big as it looks, but I am very petite, height wise. I felt better when my most fashionable friend said, "That orange purse takes your outfit to the next level..." Still not sure about that, but I do love it.

Scott was so generous, he bought me another Longchamp purse that day, that I'll show you later. It's much, much, more understated.

~Teri

P.S. Had to tell you... buying that purse in Paris instead of the U.S. saved me over $100, even with the exchange rate. I love a good V.A.T. refund!!!

11 comments:

The Flying Bee said...

I love your orange purse! I bet the next one will be just as cute! As always...beautiful pics!

xo,
Adrienne

Stephanie said...

I love the purse you chose! Longchamp is such a great brand and they last forever. I picked up a small nylon one while there too. The store you photographed is I think, Gabrielle Geppert. I loved it so! I didn't buy anything there either though.

Diane said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the purse -- especially the color! Lookin' good!
Diane

TeriGigi/Girl Meets Paris said...

Yes Bonjour Madame... that was the name of the shop. It was fun just to walk around inside, although a little intimidating. But now that I think of it, the woman behind the counter, never got off her cell phone. I guess I didn't look like too much of a potential customer! LOL

Teri

Stephanie said...

Teri,

They totally ignored me too at GG. There were a few serious shoppers in there and I had to ask to come in and she unlocked the door for me. I was tempted by a gorgeous vintage no name brand clutch purse, but it was still very expensive so I left. I will be back one day though!

TeriGigi/Girl Meets Paris said...

I guess I'm not the only one. In my next purse blog, wait till I tell you about how I TOUCHED many of the purses in another store, took them OFF the shelf, and even had Scott hold a few while I made a decision. I knew I was breaking French "rules" but I was a serious shopper, so other than the rather shocked and pained expression on the young saleswoman's face, I got away with it.

Too funny!

Porchlight Interiors said...

That purse looks very chic! I'm loving reading your blog...it makes me so much more excited about my trip to Paris in January! Tracey xx

Faded Plains said...

I dress rather monochromatic...so I love using a purse for a punch of color...and I think yours is darling.

Meagan said...

I love it!! Show it to me in the morning.

Simply Colette said...

What a cool store! Your purse is pretty. I agree, it does take the outfit to the next level. :)

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I love Longchamp purses, and have been buying them for years now. They've really come into vogue in the US now. Years ago, when I bought my first purses, no one in the US had heard of them, but that's not the case these days. I think the orange purse is fantastic!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin