Friday, November 20, 2009

Just For Fun


SO... a friend asked me the other day if the new photo at the top of my blog was in celebration of Halloween... no... another friend asked if it was in celebration of the movie, New Moon... no... it's just a pic I took of the Eiffel Tower. I simply changed the coloring to sepia, and blurred the edges. I guess to some people, it looks like a huge moon. When I took the picture, I was trying to capture the detail of the structure. It's so delicate, like lace, yet so much bigger in person than you can even believe. I heard the other night that if they melted the entire tower down to its base, it would only be six centimeters thick! Now that's amazing!








Speaking of New Moon... I thought I would share some pics of a party we had last year, the night Twilight was released on DVD. OK... I know some of you are yawning right now, and sick of the hype, but I share for a reason... please bear with me.

My two daughters are 10 years apart. My oldest is married and expecting her second child, and my youngest is 15. I love it so much when they hang out... it's sweet. Of course then there's me... the old lady. When all three of us like something equally, I like to take full advantage, and jump in with them. So I threw this party for them and some of their friends... just for fun! We ate, laughed, and all watched the movie together on the BIG screen. It is a fun memory!


My youngest, and her friends.


This guy looks hungry...


so we gave him some Red Velvet cupcakes.


Craziness!


My oldest... she has a great smile.


Scott was the only male invited (it was at his house after all) and he won the trivia contest... all the girls were furious!


The whole gang.

BTW... Older sister took younger sister to the midnight showing of New Moon last night... I stayed home in bed! I'm a fan, but I'm not crazy!


Well, tonight's date night... guess where Scott and I are going????

~Teri

P.S. Still writing...

10 comments:

Kelly said...

LOVE the Edward theme party! LOL! You look like one of the youngsters, Miss Old Lady! hahahaha I don't think I'd be able to talk Johnny into seeing New Moon. I am gonna have to whip out the girl's night out card or something!

Cathi said...

looks like you all had a great time at the party..my kids are also 10 years apart, but also get along wonderfully!

Happy Weekend, Teri!

a Tale of Two Cities said...

I guess Scott is a closet fan of the Twilight series,since he was the big winner of the night! What a fun mom you must be to throw a party like this. I read book 1, and actually saw the end of Twilight on TV last night here in London, so maybe I'll take a "bite' into book 2.

By the way, my sister and I are 10 years apart, and we have a super relationship...

Enjoy your date,
Debi

The Flying Bee said...

How fun! Guess what? I am probably the only person in the world who has never seen or read anything having to do with Twilight! Gasp! I know! Not sure why?

Hmmmm...wonder where you two are going? To see New Moon maybe?

Yay for the writing! Keep it up!

xo,
Adrienne

Jenny said...

What a terrificly (sp?) fun idea and party. I am shocked that I cannot get into the "Twilight" series. I watched the first movie and could form no attachement to any character. It was very surprising to me. I definitely felt the author wrote the books with a different context but the themes were homage like to Wuthering Heights (moodiness), Jane Eyre (love and secrets), and even Jane Austen (for its sense of restraint). But nada. Oh well the franchise will not suffer without me obviously and I can still appreciate the generations of woman it seems to bring together. Have a fun date night!

TeriGigi/Girl Meets Paris said...

I only got involved in the Twilight series, because I decided to read the first book, to approve or disapprove for my then 14 yr.old daughter, (same reason I now have a facebook). I only read the first two books, my husband and my older daughter read all four. They are the biggest fans... I'm only along for the ride.
Adrienne... it's pretty much a teenage girl thing. It's no wonder you aren't in it... you have three boys!!

LOL,
Teri

Meagan said...

I love it. I can't wait for our next party.

Stephanie said...

This is so hilariously genius! Love all the pictures of everyone posing with him. You have a happy home.

Jen said...

Hey Teri, you must have won the "Best Mom Ever" for that party, huh? :o)

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Hey Teri! So where did you go? To the movie?

Adrienne, you are NOT the only one left who knows nothing of the the whole Twilight thing. I'm right there with ya! :)

I had to ask what it was... :)

Teri, those Paris photos are GREAT! (And the ones of the fam!) ;)

Great seeing you today!!

Ruth

Blog Widget by LinkWithin