Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011



It's a New Year... hummmmm...usually I am SO into January.  It's almost as good as September with the feeling of a fresh start.  Sometimes I wonder when I don't have any more kids in the house, if September will have the same feel... I tend to think so... old habits die hard.

This is the first beginning to a new year, that I don't feel the love of moving forward.  You see, Scott's cancer has spread.  Not hugely, but even a tiny bit is too much in my estimation.  Luckily, we didn't find out until Dec. 27, so Christmas was wonderful.  I will admit though, that a big, dark cloud feels like it's hanging on the horizon.  I WILL get past this feeling I know... but I feel compelled to be honest here, and not tell you what I think you want to hear... but to tell you the truth.  This is hard.

Now...moving on.

Scott has asked me to start blogging again.  He says he misses Paris so much, and would I please get back to it.  So here's a short video.  It's our very last night in Paris this past September.  We had walked through the COLD and RAIN to our favorite place, and it was CLOSED.  We were devastated.  We had saved it for our last night.  We walked back towards the apartment, and ducked into this tiny restaurant that we have eaten at before.  Not the best food in the world, but passable, and cheap!  I just love the atmosphere.

You know when you are doing something, and at that moment, you realize you will never forget it?  This is one of those moments.  We were having such a great time laughing at nothing, even though the return to the U.S. was hanging heavily over our heads.  We didn't get in until after 11pm.  It was a great night.




So signing off today with some giggles.  Hope you giggled too!  OH... and Happy New Year!




Teri
 P.S. Please don't feel like you have to comment or respond to my news on Scott.  You have ALL shown your kindness and thoughtfulness in numerous comments.  I hate to think anyone is sitting there trying to think of what to say. I understand... and I know each and every one of you is sending thoughts our way.

13 comments:

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Dear Teri,
Just really sad to hear your news today. I pray that God has a surprise plan for you this year that will bring healing for Scott. Such stressful times call for some lighter thoughts, precious memories, and giggles, so I'm happy you are sharing Paris again. Hoping to see more of your memories in the days to come, but until then, please give Scott my best wishes and I'll be praying for you both.

Hugs,
Debi

Jenny said...

Blessings to you and your family this new year. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. I miss Paris too and as I can see from your funny video you are married to your best friend...what a delight. a thank you to Scott for suggesting the Paris peek.

Anonymous said...

Terri,
You and Scott are such sweet souls you deserve the best in the coming new year. My thoughts of healing for are with you both. Keep the light! k

LuLu said...

Sending you much love.
xoxo,
LuLu

Simply Colette said...

Sending happy thoughts and wishes your way. What a great little clip. Its so heartwarming to see the two of you laughing and happy in your element. Glad he's making you blog again :)

Cathi said...

Glad Scott gave you the nudge to blog about Paris again!! Love the New Years photo!! Much love to you both! xxoo

myletterstoemily said...

dear teri,

it is not difficult at all to pass along my
deep sadness at your news. this will
only renew my resolve to pray harder.

don't give up hope.

"and now, Lord, what do i look for?
my hope is in You." psalm 39:7

love,
lea

ps. thanks for your comment about
laughing through the teen years. that
helped us a lot, too!

The Flying Bee said...

i am sending lots of love and prayers your way. thanks for visiting my blog today and for your sweet comment. i'm so happy that you will be blogging again. loved the video!

xo,
Adrienne

Mya said...

Your love story is powerful, and is displayed in so many ways. Thank you both for sharing some of your moments together, both good and bad.
We all look forward to your posts, whether about Paris or not, and we all pray for the two of you and your family.

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

Sometimes there really are no words. Just praying. Man. Oh, man. Praying...
xoxo

BonjourRomance said...

Dear Teri,
Thank you to Scott for giving you the nudge. You are a natural with the videos.
Will keep Scott in my prayers - He can do anything, and he loved you both so much!
Great to see you laughing with your Honey in Paris!!
Mimi

Dawn said...

thinking of you♥

Patricia said...

Just adding my voice to the others - thinking of you and Scott, wishing all the very best for 2011.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin