Friday, July 30, 2010

The (my) Brain is a Mystery

I've never given my brain much thought... it's always worked quickly, efficiently, and served me well for many years.  That's why my recent lack of instantaneous thinking is throwing me for a loop.


I'm getting a little worried... I tell someone I've got something great to tell them... and then... poof!  Nothing comes to mind.  I constantly lose my train of thought.  My daughter and husband are learning to live with it.  I can tell it's frustrating them though.  I've heard this sentence many times lately... "Quick, spit it out before you forget."  Uhmmmmmmmmm......

Each time I've left the house lately, I've planned to pick up a gallon of milk.  FIVE times I've returned home with no milk... luckily we don't drink much.

Yesterday I realized I messed up really bad on a bank transaction.  I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say, I ended up with a large credit balance on my credit card, and money coming out of my checking account twice!!!! All I can say is... at least I found it before chaos ensued!

My brain needs a rest...   

So...tomorrow it's off to the beach for five glorious, relaxing days... 
I plan to write, read, and sleep.  I may blog from there... last year I was able to pick up Internet from the neighbor... we'll see.  This particular beach is on Anna Maria Island.  A sleepy town with nothing to do, no shopping, and fabulous sunsets.


Okay... there is an outlet mall about 30 minutes away.  Maybe I'll start working that credit balance 
off my card... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

~teri 

9 comments:

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

Yesterday they had a person on the today show about forgetting I way I heard it you need to get lost be for there is a problems .i too love paris even just the name wrote out I love. Paris love it Laura Q

Mya said...

Hope you enjoy your stay on the Gulf. From Clearwater to Sarasota are some of my favorite beaches. Close my eyes and I can hear the surf.

Meagan said...

There's nothing like a vacation to reset your brain. I just hope the heat doesn't fry what you have left!! Lol

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Rest and relaxation sounds like a great tonic...take care.
Forgetting is disconcerting, I write lots of notes!

TeriGigi/Girl Meets Paris said...

Sad but true... there actually WAS a note in my car to get milk, and I just kept forgetting!!!!!

I am going to the store today for beach food.. maybe I'll remember to get some milk... I do need it for my cafe au lait!

Staci Danford said...

I hope you have a fabulous time.. and man do I know what you mean.. I think it's the after 40 brain. I walk into a room to get something and get in there and can not remember for the life of me what I went for. Drives me NUTS... that with the eyes that totally went out OVERnight it seems make for a tired gal... haha Hope your rest will fix you right up.. Best wishes,
Staci

Cathi said...

Have a relaxing vacation - it's always the remedy for clearing your thoughts!

I am going to London and Paris in a few weeks and have been thinking about your fun adventures! :)

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy getting recharged in the process. Sometimes we just need a little electrical energy to get going again. Maybe a little solar energy on the beach will be just what you need!

Bonnes vacances,
Debi

Jen Beaudet said...

I hope you got lots of rest at the beach today! The pot pie looks so yummy and I think I might even be able to make it! (I can see the eiffel tower;sooo cute!)Take care Terri! Jennifer:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin