Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer!


Summer is here on the west coast of Florida...



Our white sugar-sand beaches are a joy...
for teenagers...


for moms... and one lone dad in the float...


even for babies...



Our clear, warm, Gulf waters are a given...

for fishing...


...and hubby catching the big one!



Sometimes you don't know what you have, until it is threatened...



Praying for all our coastal states, our beaches, our oceans. They are truly an American treasure.

(Beaches in photos... Siesta Key, Anna Maria Island, and Sarasota, FL)




8 comments:

Cherry Blossoms said...

Beautiful. I really hope the coasts and our beautiful beaches are not affected. So sad with what is happening and they still have not gotten a full control on this spill. My husband and I are thinking about going to FL in July for our babymoon. I just love Fl!!

TeriGigi/Girl Meets Paris said...

I have heard that many people are canceling their trips. The oil is not here on the west coast yet. We are near Sarasota beaches, Clearwater, etc. They have no idea if or when we will get it, but the more it spills... well...

Do not trust the national news as to where the oil is. Google the area you want to go and check local news for the truth. Or if you are coming my way... email me... I will be your on the spot reporter! LOL

highheeledlife said...

Beautiful pictures... My sister and her husband have a get-away home in Naples Florida and it really is beautiful.

myletterstoemily said...

oh, i just feel terrible about this.

what to do? what to do?

pray, of course.

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

Glad to know the "scoop." And praying right along with you!

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Hoping for the best for all of the Gulf coastlines. It's certainly a giant problem with no easy resolution.

Debi

Meagan said...

The beach was so beautiful today. I hope the oil doesn't come here. I can't imagine all of that being ruined for years to come.

The Flying Bee said...

Just stopping by to say thanks for your comments the other day on my post about the spill. Oh, and to wish you a Happy Birthday!

xo,
Adrienne

Blog Widget by LinkWithin