Two exciting announcements!!!! First, and most important, are the winners of my first Blog-Giveaway. My granddaughter wasn’t here when I needed to get the drawing done, so Scott and my youngest daughter volunteered. It was all quite exciting.
Remember when I mentioned that this was a very unscientific contest? Well, at the last minute, my sweet and generous husband said, “Let’s double it. Let’s choose FOUR winners instead of two.”
Don’tcha just love it???
So, in no particular order, the winners to my First Ever Blog Giveaway are…
Dreaming With Pink Roses
Kelly (the Kelly that posted a comment, not the Kelly that entered on Facebook, unless you are the same Kelly and I just don’t realize it!)
So, if you are one of these people, please send me your home address, and sometime in September, you will receive a postcard from Paris.
My email address is: email@example.com
Do it quickly…I leave in ELEVEN days!!!
Thanks to all that entered! There will be a post and pics of the “mailing” when I get home from Paris. Keep a lookout…I plan to have more giveaways in the future, with little special surprises I will purchase on my trip, just for this reason.
Second announcement… I’ve been given a Blog Award!
I was given an award once before, but wasn't sure what to do with it, (thanks again Ruth @ The Beautiful Life...see sidebar). This new award was such a nice surprise! The award was from Colette, at Simply Colette (check her out on my sidebar and give her site a visit…she’s fun!). She instructed me to pass the award along (which I will announce in a later post) and list ‘Ten Things About Me.” So Colette…here they are:
Ten Things About Me…
1. I am a born-again Christian, and without Christ in my life, I would be utterly and completely lost.
2. I love Beth Moore Bible studies.
3. I majored in journalism in college, but married Scott after my junior year. I never returned to college and I have never regretted it.
4. Before I went to Paris back in 2006, I had some upgrades planned, that I thought were essential; a new car (BMW), granite countertops, and wood floors (this was before the economy bust). However, once I got home from the trip, I began to judge every purchase in relation to returning to Paris again someday. Consequently, three years later, I’m still driving my car (Saturn), I still have Formica countertops, and the carpet just keeps getting cleaned. I also managed to squeeze in a few more trips. My priorities have shifted. :)
5. I hate cold weather with a passion. I feel the world is against me when the temp dips below 60* (good thing I live in Florida). However, being in Paris below 60* is divine, and a reason to sport a new coat and scarf!
6. My favorite electronic gadget is TiVo, however, my new iTouch is a close second.
7. I love Andy Griffith, Leave it to Beaver and I Love Lucy. For a modern twist I love Rachel Zoe, Project Runway, and The Hills.
8. My biggest fear is that I’m not “really” a good mother, and my kids will go on Oprah or Dr. Phil someday, and tell the world all the ways I messed them up.
9. My favorite way to spend an evening is with Scott, at home, when the kids are out. I will give up almost any social invitation to do this.
10. I hate the telephone, but I love texting and email.
11. I talk too much, and give too much detail, as you can see from this list!
So, there you have it in a “nut”shell.
I plan to post more often up until my trip. Check back every 2 or 3 days.